Day 111

Restart Today I’ve restarted development of my betting site. I’m starting by actually designing the app from the beginning. I originally wanted to make the site to make my life easier but then thought about extra features too soon. I just need the essentials to work so it actually will make my life easier and… Continue reading Day 111

Day 104

Annoying CSS Today I wanted to finally use a CSS framework and make the betting site look nice. I’m thinking about using Bulma. I first needed to remove the existing framework which should have been easy. I removed the references and yet it still remained. I spent too long figuring out the reason was I… Continue reading Day 104

Day 103

Function Changes Today I wanted to change my function that runs every day to get the latest fixtures information. I previously received the fixtures for one league and then saved them into the database and then did the same for another league. I wanted to make only one call to the database so experimented with… Continue reading Day 103

Day 102

Fixed for real this time I was able to fix my problem from yesterday fairly quickly in the early morning today. I knew I wanted a custom BSON _id but wasn’t sure how to do it. My attempts always resulted in errors so I turned to stack overflow and found a working solution. It’s a… Continue reading Day 102

Day 101

It’s broken again I thought I had solved the issue of including team names with the bets but today I realised I overlooked something. I include the team names in bets by looking up the unique Mongo BSON _id which is generated in the daily Azure function. That function drops the database everyday and thus… Continue reading Day 101

Day 100

100 Days 💯 Wow I’ve made it to day 100. Today was supposed to be a special day where I wanted to spend more time on my betting site. Instead I woke up in the middle of the day and then watched tv shows and played Minecraft 😛 What I’ve learned so far is that… Continue reading Day 100

Day 099

More bugs Today I started tweaking my betting site and I was curious why I had CSS styles both in a separate stylesheet and within the component JavaScript file. I assumed that it would just be the same styles twice but I found that they are different. Removing the styles from the stylesheet affects the… Continue reading Day 099